Wormington to Sapperton Pipeline Project
|Name:||Wormington to Sapperton Pipeline Project|
|Location:||The Cotswolds, United Kingdom|
|Start Date:||1st February, 2010|
|Completion Date:||1st January, 2013|
43km of Ø900mm, high pressure, steel welded Gas pipeline for National Grid across the Cotswolds area. The project had the additional challenge of constructing the pipeline through the Cotswold Areas of Outstanding beauty without causing visual implications. QEM Solutions provided two Engineers; a Crossing Engineer & a Co-ordination Engineer; details of responsibilities can be found below.
Benefits of Engaging QEM Solutions:
- Enabled other key Engineers to carry out critical operations by providing desk based assistance and engineering administration.
- All work was carried out to a high standard and executed on time therefore assisted the efficiency and effectiveness of the project.
- Made improvements to management procedures and best practices inconjunction with PPS Management.
For the Crossing Engineer, works consisted of; 3 No. Horizontal directional drills up to 1100m in length, 36No. Open cut and augerbored road crossings, 1 No. 1500mm diameter microtunnel under a dual carriageway, 1No. 1500mm diameter pipejack under a railway, complex lifting operations & construction works within known landslide areas. Main responsibilities included:
- Principle Contractor management of tunnelling and horizontal directional drill sub-contractors, including interface between Client and foreign HDD company.
- Method statement production / review.
- Crossing design review.
- Temporary works design co-ordination.
- Appointed Person for lifting operations.
- Production of as-built records and drawings.
For the Co-ordination Engineer, works consisted of producing documentation and providing general support to a variety of personnel including the Crossings Engineer, Project Engineer and the Project Management Personnel. Main responsibilities included;
- Technical writing – Method Statements, Procedures, Risk Assessments for a wide variety subjects.
- Production and maintenance of technical Schedules based on the design provided by the Client.
- Executing desk based engineering & administration duties on time and to a high level of accuracy.
- Developing with PPS management best practice methodologies such as Permit to Work systems, Excavation & Temporary Works Inspection procedures.
- Execution of Temporary Works inspections.
- Management of sub-contractors inconjuntion with Lead Engineers for hydrostatic testing and tunnelling operations.
- Management of RE/18 commissioning and hydrostatic test packages.
- Management of project handover documentation (NG - BP 007G) including liaison with the Client for data book approval, identifying sources & streams of information, managing the collation of the documentation from all departments of the project team, monitoring progress against the project programme and assisting with as-built red line mark-up production and following drawing appraisal sub-contractor management.
Project start up consultancy
It's the start of the project. And everyone just wants to get stuck in. So start up consultancy is the kind of job that most people don't like doing, or dont have time to do. However, without a good start-up plan, we all know that there will be standing time and increased project costs.
Project Closure & Handover Consultancy
Most people call it 'Tea & Biscuits Time.' Not us. We don't let it drag out. It's time to get the Client's final invoice submitted early. This means that, at the end of the project, everyone is left with a very good impression, just in time for the next one!
Our Technical Writers are experienced Engineers and their deeper understanding offers necessary value to the start of a new venture. Often relied upon by or clients in previous projects, our Technical Writers have grown to become the information hub of the Engineering and Quality Departments.
At the heart of every project is the Document Control hub. An essential cog in the project Machine. One which must be established at the seedling stage of any venture. And it must work efficiently to allow other departments to function effectively.
Engineering & Site Management
On your project, it's reassuring to know that you have someone you can turn to at any stage. Someone you can rely on to keep you up to date. A linch pin. Over the years our clients have come to know that they can rely on QEM Solutions for this service. From planning, to constructing and maintaining, we have all the skills, experience & knowhow needed to help with every stage.