Technologies & Methodologies for reducing gas losses of the Central Asian Gas Transit System
|Name:||Technologies & Methodologies for reducing gas losses of the Central Asian Gas Transit System|
|Location:||Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan|
|Start Date:||1st February, 2008|
|Completion Date:||1st December, 2009|
A European Union funded project, implemented to assist Central Asian gas operators in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan to reduce and prevent leakage. The uneven distribution of gas resources between the countries and the need to transport gas from the region to other parts of the Former Soviet Union (FSU), led to the construction of a comprehensive infrastructure for gas transport with several thousand kilometres of trunk pipelines crossing through the territories of Central Asia.
Most of the pipeline infrastructure in Central Asian countries was constructed 20-40 years ago and due to the insufficient level of repair and maintenance, parts of the infrastructure reached a critical state of disrepair. The 18-month project successfully demonstrated that relatively low cost surveys of existing compressor stations, metering stations, and pipelines, using state-of-the-art detection equipment were able to identify locations and volumes of gas leak, enabling repairs which represented a very significant return on the capital involved.
Benefits of engaging QEM Solutions:
- Bespoke assessments of existing systems and processes.
- Tailored and audience-specific workshops and training materials designed specifically for those attending.
- High degree of industry knowledge and ability to combine this with suitable analytical and statistical tools.
- On-the spot thinking in order to deal with different engineering scenarios.
- Project management services whilst in-country.
- Ability to communicate in basic conversational Russian.
- Risk management on existing pipelines.
- Development of risk based inspection programme to API 581.
- Development of site specific risk analytical tools for pipelines.
- Development of site specific risk analytical tools for Compressor Stations & AGI's.
- Development and implementation of framework to create incident reporting network across Central Asia.
- Liaison with Government Ministers and gas operators for establishment of legal framework for reporting of incidents across Central Asia.
- Management of risk based inspection activities.
- Co-ordination of training events in 4 countries.
- Initiation of action tracking database for Central Asia.
- Design & implementation of Central Asian Gas Incidents Network.
- Development of workshops on risk based inspection and leakage detection.
- Development of directed inspection & maintenance training programme and workshops.
Business Process Management (ISO Standards)
Being refused opportunity to tender, especially because you don't have the right "Badge" or "Certificate on the wall", is frustrating. It's relatively common. And it's totally avoidable.
Often the subject of ridicule, Risk Management is a serious business. And a tool that has become an essential requirement in both business, design and construction. Here at QEM Solutions address risk management in a logical and methodical manner. The result? A definite increase the probability of success of project, apparatus and infrastructure.
Engineering & Site Management
On your project, it's reassuring to know that you have someone you can turn to at any stage. Someone you can rely on to keep you up to date. A linch pin. Over the years our clients have come to know that they can rely on QEM Solutions for this service. From planning, to constructing and maintaining, we have all the skills, experience & knowhow needed to help with every stage.