South West Reinforcement Project
|Name:||South West Reinforcement Project|
|Location:||South West England|
|Start Date:||1st January, 2009|
|Completion Date:||6th June, 2011|
QEM Solutions were managing the Engineering and QA of the design team on behalf of Laing O’Rourke.
Benefits of engaging QEM Solutions included;
- Multi-disciplinary design team management.
- Extension pipeline and AGI design experience.
- Drive to complete the design within the clients time constraints.
- Co-ordination across all of the LOR pipeline projects.
Main responsibilities included;
- Specialist skills and knowledge for the gas regulation system at the end of the transmission network. This included the redesign, procurement and supervision of the installation and commissioning of the replacement regulators and changes to the control system.
- Management of design for design changes including Sub-contractors on specialist services.
- Management of the electrical and instrumentation as-built site red-line surveys and production of the 3000 plus project and operational drawings.
- Preparation and approval of the method statements and risk assessments for the remedial works.
- Co-ordination of the G17 requirements for the design changes.
- Materials procurement on behalf of the client.
- Procurement and expediting of the materials.
- Preparation of the RE18 requirements prior to and commissioning of and new equipment.
- Management of QA Activities for the close out of the project to BP007G (previously NSBP007) which included 9 set of databooks
- Project reporting
It is not always possible to ensure that you have a full skill-set and competencies within your organisation on a continual basis. That's fine. But if this isn't managed and controlled at the design stage, it can lead to skill shortages at critical points during your project. QEM Solutions offer a unique service that is key to dealing with this problem.
You have no doubt been there. Had a project delayed or stopped due to lack of materials. Or wrong delivery. Even something as simple as wrong certification. It's easily done – and extremely frustrating. Now imagine that being someone else's responsibility. Give the procurement to the QEM Solutions team.
There is no better Quality Manager than an experienced Engineer. And that's what all Quality Managers at QEM Solutions are. They have a technical background and they have developed a career working within the QA/QC Discipline.
Engineering & Site Management
On your project, it's reassuring to know that you have someone you can turn to at any stage. Someone you can rely on to keep you up to date. A linch pin. Over the years our clients have come to know that they can rely on QEM Solutions for this service. From planning, to constructing and maintaining, we have all the skills, experience & knowhow needed to help with every stage.