In a nutshell: QEMS Limited was incorporated on the 6th of January 2003 by Rob Graham a Civil & Environmental Engineer. The long term strategy was to bring together two disciplines, Quality & Engineering and offer companies services and consultancy provided by a team at the top of their game.
The core values that influenced the development of the business are still at the forefront of what we do. Over recent years QEMS Limited, (trading as QEM Services), has become recognised as a leading consultant and service provider in both process management and engineering. This recognition has grown from working throughout Europe, Central Asia and even stretched as far as South Africa Papa New Guinea and Australia. During this time the motivating factors of QEMS Limited have always remained the same, we stick to what we do best, Quality and Engineering.
One of the primary goals of the business has always been to re-educate industry and organisations on the importance of embracing quality and engineering techniques and the general management of these combined disciplines. This objective has led to QEMS Limited developing into an organisation that focuses on getting the best resources available and providing them to the Client. Many years on, QEMS Limited have moved forward once again rebranding ourselves as QEM Solutions. Here is just a small selection of the projects we have been involved in throughout the years.
- Asset Validation & Recording – St. Fergus TerminalQEM Solutions were brought in to manage and implement the recording and validation of Assets associated with the newly constructed electric compressor stations.
St. Fergus, Peterhead
- NGN Design ManagementQEM Solutions are assisting NGN with Design Co-ordination activities, to ensure successful project initiation and design management of all current NGN projects.
- NGN Quality ManagementQEM Solutions are assisting NGN with Quality Management services. Our resources are at the top of their game and bring years of best practice and experience to a complex and established organisation.
- LNG ISO Tanker Inspections - Capita SymondsQEM Solutions were engaged by Capita Symonds to monitor and report on the fabrication of 30 LNG ISO Road Tankers throughout the UK, Spain and the Czech Republic.
UK, Spain and the Czech Republic
- Carrington CCGT Pipeline ProjectQEM Solutions were again contracted to supply Project start Up Consultancy for Spiecapag UK Ltd on the Carrington CCGT Pipeline Project.
- Purton – Pre-Construction Risk ReportQEM Solutions have been asked to review the risks associated with the construction of 380m 1422.5 x 10mm, L235 EN 10224 helical seam submerged arc welded epoxy lined pipe.
- Mitcheldean – Pre-Construction Risk ReportQEM Solutions were asked to review the risks associated with the construction of 380m 1422.5 x 10mm, L235 EN 10224 helical seam submerged arc welded epoxy lined pipe.
- Llanwrin to Dolgellau Pipeline Replacement ProjectQEM Solutions provided PPS Pipeline Systems with two Engineers, a full time Assistant Engineer and part time Quality Engineer for the Llanwrin to Dolgellau Pipeline Project
Dolgellau, Wales, UK
- NACAP Quality ManagementQEM Solutions provided NACAP with a Quality Manager to assist with the quality control and assurance on a 750m long parallel pipeline of 20” and 3” diameters.
- St. Fergus Reductions Project - Safe Working MethodologiesQEM Solutions were asked by Land & Marine and the National Grid St. Fergus Emissions Reductions Project to develop and implement a process that would enable a structured and efficient way for producing Safe Working Methodologies during a high priority construction and commissioning programme.
- Stublach Gas Storage ProjectQEM Solutions provided Project Start up consultancy and Project Services to Spiecapag UK Ltd on the Stublach Gas Storage Project for Storengy, a subsidiary of GDF Suez. Under the management of the Main Works Contractor, Jacobs Engineering, Spiecapag were sub-contracted to carry out detailed design and installation of pipelines to and from the gas plant, wellheads and the National Transmission System.
- Safology - Integrated Management SystemQEM Solutions has built up a long-standing working relationship with Safology on numerous projects throughout the UK. This ensured that we had a full understanding of how they worked and how they wished their business to progress. Safology has become another of the many businesses successfully certified to all three standard,s by a UKAS accredited body, utilising the QEM Solutions Management System database.
- Ashton Bennett - Integrated Management SystemQEM Solutions assisted Ashton Bennett, a group of leading Geologists and Environmental Scientists in sucessfully gaining UKAS accredited certification to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
- PPS Quality Management & ConsultancyQEM Solutions assisted PPS Pipeline Systems GmbH with various quality management activities both on a project and corporate level.
- Valve Inspections - Capita SymondsQEM Solutions were contracted to carry 3rd party inspection and witnessing activities on a series of valves fabricated in Germany for a series of SGN contracts throughout Scotland.
- Burnhervie Minimum OfftakeQEM Solutions were employed to develop, implement and manage the procurement process associated with the purchase of permanement materials for the National Grid Burnhervie Minimum Offtake Connection Project.
- Wormington to Sapperton Pipeline ProjectQEM Solutions provided two Engineers; a Crossing Engineer & a Co-ordination Engineer to a project constructing 43km of Ø900mm, high pressure, steel welded Gas pipeline for National Grid across the Cotswolds Areas of Outstanding Beauty without causing visual implications.
The Cotswolds, United Kingdom
- PNG LNG Pipeline ProjectSpiecapag were awarded the onshore section of the larger PNG LNG project which connects the offshore pipeline and the LNG facility site, a distance of approximately 300km. QEM Solutions were able to provide the Main Works Contractor with resources to assist the QA/QC & Engineering teams.
Brisbane & Papa New Guinea
- Medivar Pumpset Manuals - RitmacThe design and development of operational manuals for a revolutionary pumpset designed for the use in the NHS. QEM were commissioned to identify the set-up, operational activities, fault diagnosis and permittable maintenance requirements and communicate them in an easy to understand manner.
- Institute for Employment Studies ISO 9001:2008QEM Solutions developed an intranet based management system and all associated documentation in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 and industry best practice to ensure that the operations and administration of the organisation could be implemented efficiently. The intranet management system was developed around their existing infrastructure and robust ISO 27001 systems designed specifically for Departmental Official Information.
London & Brighton, United Kingdom
- Multi Product Pipeline Project - Project ServicesQEM Solutions assisted the Engineering & Construction teams with key resources required within a new pipeline designed to replace and enlarge the existing Durban to Johannesburg pipeline which transports petrol, diesel and jet fuel emanating either from the two Durban refineries or increasingly from imports.
Johannesburg, Durban, South Africa
- Wormington to Sapperton Design Pipeline ProjectQEM Solutions were managing the multi-disciplinary design team on behalf of Laing O'Rourke on the Wormington Compressor site to revalidate a previous pipeline design from several years previous.
The Cotswolds, United Kingdom
- Multi-Product Pipeline - Project Start-up ConsultancyQEM Solutions were asked to assist Spiecapag with the project initiation on the New Multi-Product Pipeline Project going from Johannesburg to Durban in South Africa. Quite simply our remit involved arriving onsite and ensuring that all safe working methodologies and procedures were in place.
Johannesburg - South Africa
- West East Link Main Pipeline ProjectQEM Solutions were contracted to work on the WELM project. This was the installation of a ∅1219mm steel bi-directional water pipeline to allow United Utilities to conduct maintenance works on existing aging aqueducts.
Manchester, United Kingdom
- South West Reinforcement ProjectThe project was to reinforce the pipeline network to Devon and Cornwall. The scope included 5 new pipelines and either new or changes to 11 AGI’s. When QEM Solutions provided an Engineering & Design Manager to assisted with the snagging and project close out.
South West England
- NMPP - Vendor InspectionsQEM Solutions were contacted to carry out expediting and inspection activities on behalf of the client for the Multi-Product Pipeline Product in South Africa. Managed from Johannesburg, QEM Solutions were asked to assist with the inspection and expediting of forged bends being made in Czech Republic.
- Easington to Ganstead Pipeline ProjectQEM Solutions provided resources to Murphy Pipelines during the construction stage of the Easington to Ganstead pipeline.
East Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- F&B Trenchless Solutions Operational ManualsQEM Solutions were appointed to develop individual operational manuals for their diggershield tunnelling machine technology.
Bawtry, South Yorkshire
- Technologies & Methodologies for reducing gas losses of the Central Asian Gas Transit SystemQEM Solutions were involved in a European Union funded project, implemented to assist Central Asian Gas operators in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan to reduce and prevent leakage.
Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan
- Asselby to Aberford Pipeline ProjectQEM Solutions were primarily brought in to fast-track the production of Method Statements and Risk Assessments for Laing O'Rourke on the 1220mm dia. Gas pipeline project. QEM furthered their involvement in the project and provided general QA/QC & Engineering support to a variety of personnel including the Crossings Engineer and the Project Management Personnel.
Selby, United Kingdom
- F&B Trenchless Solutions Integrated Management SystemF & B Trenchless Solutions Ltd is a specialist tunnelling company offering high quality solutions for projects. QEM Solutions used their understanding of the industry to develop a management system that satisfied the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
Bawtry, South Yorkshire
- Inclusion ISO 9001:2008QEM Solutions developed an online management system and all associated documentation in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 and industry best practice to ensure that the operations and administration of the organisation could be implemented efficiently.
- Pannal to Nether Kellet Pipeline ProjectEntrepose Industrial Services were contracted to design and build the Pannal to Nether Kellet 48” Gas Pipeline and AGI’s for National Grid. The 1220mm NB fully welded buried steel pipeline was constructed to connect the West of Britain to the East through a series of pipelines projects.
Skipton, North Yorkshire
- Isle Of Grain Pipeline Project, AGI's and MOCQEM Solutions were contracted to Assist the Amec / National Grid Alliance with the development of existing and new Design Processes in line with CDM and National Grid Requirements.
Isle Of Grain, Kent
- BTBA Pipeline - Gas Security In Central AsiaWorking with several national operators and the Ministry of Emergency, QEM Solutions were responsible for assessing the current systems, implementation of new and development of ministerial agreements. The scope of works focussed around the 720km BTBA Pipeline that traverses across the Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan borders.
Kyrgyzstan (Bishkek), Kazakhstan (Almaty)
- Lockerly to Marchwood 24" Gas Pipeline ProjectQEM Solutions assisted Entrepose Industrial Services with the Detail Design of 22km of 24" Pipeline spanning Marchwood Powerstation to Lockerley AGI.
Southampton, United Kingdom
- Asselby to Pannal 48” Gas PipelineQEM Solutions provided project services and management consultancy to ensure that all internal processes associated with quality / risk mitigation during design were successfully developed and implemented. QEM Solutions managed all activities associated with quality, technical writing, document control and final project handover.
Wetherby, United Kingdom
- Aberdeen to Lochside Gas Pipeline ProjectQEM Solutions were employed during the first few months of the construction phase to assist with the development of site specific Method Statements and Risk Assessments. As the project progressed, QEM Solutions became an integral part of the engineering team working directly with site personnel and the project design co-ordinator.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- BGE UK - Moffat Compressor station – Stabbing ReplacementQEM Solutions were employed by Johnstone and Clark to manage the replacement of 82 No. 1" Stabbings on 4 High Pressure 16" Carrier Pipes. Assisting with the initial development of the original tender, QEM Solutions successfully managed the project alongside the Johnstone & Clark engineers to successful completion and handover.
- FT Pipeline Systems Integrated Management SystemQEM Solutions used their understanding of the water industry to develop a management system that satisfied the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007. QEM Solutions continue to manage and improve the organisations processes both on a corporate and project specific level.
Lichfield, United Kingdom
- Rickter Company ISO 9001:2008The Rickter Company Ltd provides training, consultancy and support services in personal and professional development. QEM Solutions developed an online management system and all associated documentation in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 and industry best practice to ensure that the operations and administration of the organisation could be implemented efficiently.
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom